Saturday, July 17, 2010

Movie Color Script



I'm currently working on a color script study of sort. I'm basically painting off scenes from the movie Girl With A Pearl Earring. My goal is to learn about color and composition and to get more familiar with photoshop. I am not picking colors from the movie with photoshops color picker but trying to eyeball and guesstimate as best as I can. So far I'm enjoying this exercise and hoping to produce 2 paintings per day. I've already learned a few tricks with color and composition and I think my painting has gotten better, faster and loser just by looking at the progression of the shots I've done so far. Plus I just created a brush in photoshop thats closer to an oil paintbrush and I'm really enjoying it. I'll continue to upload my progress as I'm working

No comments: